Tuesday, February 9

Valentine's Day Outfit: In the Red





Red Turtleneck | Thrifted
Sweetheart Neckline LBD | H&M
Gold necklace | Thrifted
B&W Pumps | Schutz
(leopard version here)
Amor Needle Bag The Loeil


    Ok, ok. I know last time we spoke, I said I was going to play tour guide with family and that was it. BUT Chris surprised me Vday dinner plans! Albeit, it's with his family, but it's still a nice gesture, and I don't mind spending time with his family :)

     I wanted a simple outfit (mostly because I am stain prone), and something that wouldn't leave me shivering if I got stuck under a vent so I took the most conventional piece, a little black dress or LBD and added a turtleneck under it.

      I contemplated this outfit for a week. It reminded me of a dickey for women. I couldn't decide so Chris told me to try on the outfit before deciding. I put it on, and to my surprise, I really liked it! (I see why Wolowitz wears a dickey now!)

   Office appropriate
 ☑ After-work happy hour
 ☑ Dinner date


Normally I don't write a lot, but while shooting this outfit, I realized something and wanted to share it with you.

I'm normally not comfortable with tight clothing. I'm extremely self-conscious about my little pudge, but for some reason, this outfit, dickey and all, made me feel pretty confident. It's not pants, but this outfit was a huge step for me regardless. Wow. Look at me; two barrier breaking posts back to back! A really awesome and happy pants outfit last week, now a super confident tight dress this week. I don't realize it, but I'm slowly getting more and more comfortable with my body. It's extremely empowering to not waste so much worrying about people seeing my pudge or judging me for not being thin enough. It's leading me to be more confident in work, and in myself. Little by little, this blog, my little diary, and you readers are encouraging me to be happier with what I see, inside and out. 


What are your Valentine's Day outfit?


Let's stay in touch!
  &    &   


Linking up ShannaLaurenLindseyJenZarouhi, & Sarah :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love how simple but sophisticated this look is!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, red is my favourite colour to wear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)