Friday, August 22

Altuzarra, dress of my dreams. Oh, hi Joseph.



The Altuzarra for Target
released its lookbook this week!


Are you jumping for joy yet? You really should.


In an interview with Target, he expressed a philosophy he keeps in mind as he designs on a daily basis.


"One of the guiding principles of Altuzarra is that fashion can be transformative, changing not just the way you look, but also the way you feel."
--- Joseph Altuzarra


I can now officially claim, without a doubt, that Joseph Altuzarra is a man after my own heart. In my last outfit post, I had drawn the same conclusion. Clothing, fashion, it holds this amazing power to unleash an unseen inner beauty whether it be strength in character, resilient determination, or just the kindest of hearts.

My first run through and I had dog eared half the collection. I did another run through, thinking about what I really wanted, and decided to buy things I could wear to work (plus one that I just have to have).


First, I want to start with this dreamy creation that has eluded me for so long until now, it is within reach of me and my wallet. A few months back, I saw this dreamy beaded gown by Zuhair Murad on ssense. I fell in love, but my wallet cried when it saw the price tag. Even on sale, I couldn't justify a dress that I'd wear once, if I could even find an occasion to wear it.


But then, the much anticipated high-low collaboration between Altuzarra and Target was unveiled, my eyes landed on this long, flowing, beaded dress and my heart (and my wallet) leaped for joy!



I fell in love with multiples pieces (but want to buy all of it), but some of the ones that resonated with me are below. I hope I'm able to find my size on September 14th. I can never seem to gauge Target's sizing correctly. Wish me luck on my hunt for these treasures, and let me know how you style your favorites!


Remember to follow me on
 &    &   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)