Monday, March 16

70s Inspired Bubblegum Skirt

Ok, ok. We're starting to see a pattern.
But I just love spring. Any indication it's here, and I'm busting out every possible skirt/dress I bought from last year's sale. I have literally been storing dresses like a squirrel with nuts before the winter storm.






I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but something about waking up to sunlight motivates me to accomplish more that day. Maybe it's the feeling that I have more time in a day? That I'm not racing the sun to sunset? Either way, I've recently been dreaming up a storm of what I could do. I'm extremely excited, and I hope you are too!

Onto the outfit!
This 70s skirt is such a pretty assortment of colors like the old Bazooka gum wrapper! I don't know why people see chambray as a more casual, masculine piece, but I thought it'd be interesting to wear my Zara chambray in a typical feminine outfit. The chambray shirt was a great way to incorporate the 70s jean trend into this outfit, and make it an all encompassing 70s inspired outfit!



How do you feel about the 70s resurfacing in fashion this season?



Chambray shirt | Zara (old)
Skirt | Thrifted (Borrowed)
Heels | BCBG
Earrings | Swarovski
Rings | Forever 21





Let's stay in touch!
  &    &   


Linking up ShannaLaurenLindseyJenZarouhi, & Sarah :)

11 comments:

  1. The length of that skirt is perfect and I love the chambray top paired with it.

    xx Alicia
    Between the Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skirt so much. These pics made me smile, so lovely. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this skirt so much! What a great idea pairing it with chambray and metallic heels! So fun!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE that skirt. I'm obsessed by all that's vintage and this is a great mix between new and old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is perfect with your skirt! Found your blog through The Pleated Poppy. I'm hosting a link up this week so stop by if you get the chance :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this outfit from head to toe. The skirt cut and color is just fab!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really charming, beautiful outfit. I especially love the marriage of shiny silver shoes and classic chambray. That has such a great old meets new vibe to it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. A printed full and a button down is a classic combo for a reason! It's cute and feminine, but practical and easy to throw on. The best of both worlds. I love how you've updated the plaid for spring (in my mind, they're so associated with fall that I kind of stop thinking about them when the weather heats up), and the silver shoes really take it up to the next level.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)